Wednesday, September 9, 2015

And He's Off

9/9/2015

Today, is day one of Jeff's trip to Texas.  He is flying with a friend, so they will be able to take turns being the pilot, and share the expenses.  There is a flight tracking site where I can type in our tail number and see where the plane is - that's very cool.

It's pretty hot outside and the yard is brown (looks like I live in Southern California).  To keep my plants alive that I planted in the spring, I water them every day.  Even with doing that, a few of the plants don't look like they're going to make it.  

I could go somewhere, but truthfully I'd rather be at home.  I have everything I need and while our home will never grace the cover of an interior design magazine, it's comfy and I'm happy here.  My doctor would rather I go out more, but really I can't think of anyplace to go, except to a store.  And, if I just wanted to spend money, I can do so with Amazon, and never leave my chair.  

As the days grow shorter, I will soon be limited to only daytime driving.  My cataract makes driving in the dark very challenging.  The cataract forms a halo effect around lights, and causes me to have to strain to get everything in focus.  At least Sam (our terrier), who also has cataracts have something in common - the dark isn't good for either of us.  

I've found a Spanish soap opera on Netflix called "The Grand Hotel".  If you don't mind subtitles, it's a very addicting show.  There is murder, love affairs and all other forms of nonsense, which makes the show fun to watch.  It ran for three seasons, and I'm in season two now.  Jeff is not fond of subtitles, but I find that after you start reading subtitles, pretty soon you forget that you're doing so!

I will send Jeff emails throughout the day to let him know that I'm okay, which I am.  I am in a much better place now than I was a year ago, except for that short term memory issue.  Since the memory hasn't improved very much, it seems likely that I will have to live with my memory, the way it is.

In case you're interested, today is National Teddy Bear Day!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...