Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Gloomy Gray Day

9/30/2015

The weather outside couldn't look any worse.  Gray clouds and some rain.  Bad weather certainly isn't slowing the squirrels down.  When I picked up the paper this morning from the driveway, I was hit in the head with an acorn.  Do they have kamikaze squirrels?  If so, then there all living in my oak tree.

And the squirrels aren't content to just take the acorns.  Nope, they have to bit of a small branch of leafs which mixes nicely with all the fallen leafs in the yard.  While I love fall and the change in temperature, our yard never looks worse!  Jeff can blow up all the leafs in a pile and by the time he's gone back inside, it's time to start over.  

When we first moved here 29 years ago, that first fall our then baby oak tree, dropped a few leafs and we thought that was cute.  Fast forward and the tree is huge and she drops hundreds of leafs now.  I'd like it better if all the leafs dropped on the same day.  Then you could gather up the leafs and acorn bits and be done for the year.  But that is wishful thinking on my part.

Jeff managed to see our under the porch house guest the other day and says it's a ground hog.  He mentioned getting a company out to set a trap to catch him.  Apparently, ground hog catching doesn't come under the regular services of a pest control company.  We have no idea if we have an entire family of critters living under the porch, or it's just this one lonely guy.

Time for me to get some housework done - blah.  If given the choice, I'd choose reading over dusting any day of the week or month.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...