Thursday, October 1, 2015

A Gloomy Gus Kind of Day

10/1/2015

This morning when I got up, it was dark outside even though it was 7:00.  The sky is gray and looks like we're going to have rain today and tomorrow.  The rain is good for the grass, or what's left of it after a particularly dry summer.

Because it's so gloomy outside, I am typing with my SAD (Seasonal Disorder) light on.  It's like having the sun sitting near your face.  Supposed to help me from getting depressed when it's dark outside.  I don't use the lamp so much in the summer when it's nice and bright.  But when the outside gets dark, I definitely need the light.

There's a hurricane out there and it's too early to tell whether we'll be in the path or if it heads out to sea.  Even if the hurricane doesn't come inland, we're probably going to get a lot of rain and/or wind.  Severe weather of any kind could make our power falter and/or fail.  But, of course we have "Jenny" sitting in the backyard.  Other than the 15 minutes weekly tests to make sure she's ready to run if the power goes out, we haven't had to really use her at all.  I suppose because we do have this big generator in the backyard, we'll probably never lose power again!

Jeff has been buying lottery tickets and so far we haven't even won our $3.00 ticket price back!  But as the old saying goes, you can't win if you don't play.  We've agreed that if we ever won $30M, we'd probably both die of heart attacks on the spot. We've also agreed that we'd be happy with pretty much anything over the $3.00 ticket price!  We're not greedy.

Hope it's sunny where you are.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...