Friday, October 2, 2015

Trying to Win Money $$$!

10/2/2015

The last few days as the Powerball numbers continued to soar, Jeff bought a few tickets.  With each ticket, we didn't even manage to get one number right!  Basically, we didn't even get our money back for buying the ticket.

We don't have to worry about how we would spend the $310.5 million dollars because there is a winner.  The winning ticket was bought at a gas station.  The winner hasn't come forward yet, but I know that if Jeff and I had won that amount of money, we would have died from heart attacks on the spot!

Once you win that kind of money, then the question is do you take it all at once and give Uncle Sam his share, or take an annual annuity.   After you win you are playing a different kind of betting game.  Will you live long enough to spend that kind of money?  Or do you want 30 installments over 29 years?

Luckily, I guess, since Jeff and I didn't win, we don't have to fret over how and when to spend all that money.  But oh a person can certainly dream and dreams are free.  There are places I'd like to visit, such as Italy.  Things I would like to do to my body -we're speaking of plastic surgery here folks!

I'd like to have a house at the beach.  Buy a jet because it would allow Jeff and I to travel farther and faster, and who wouldn't like that?  Our house is fine, but a one story home would be better.  And because Jeff and I are pretty frugal when it comes to spending (unless you're talking about my love of all things on Amazon), we'd put a lot of the money away for a rainy day or days!

Before the lottery numbers were available, Jeff and I laughed about how we wouldn't want to be greedy - we could certainly live off of a million or so dollars!

The Powerball will again rise to large numbers, and we'll buy tickets again.  As the saying goes: you can't win, if you don't buy a ticket!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...