Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Going for the Dogs

10/27/2015

Yesterday morning, I left for the kennel to pick up Mr. Sam before I was charged for an additional day.  I took the back roads, traffic was light and my oldies were playing on the radio.  A perfect day for a drive.  My only problem was keeping my speed under control.  There are many places along the road where the speed limit drops to 30 mph, before increasing back to 40 or 50 mph.

When I got to the kennel, I was given Sam's discharge papers, which included the vet's evaluation of him as a senior dog (he's 15).  After I paid for the examination, his rabies shot and the actual boarding, the bill was over $200.00.  Boarding is by weight and Sam weighs 22 pounds.  An ideal weight for the cheapest rate would be if he was 20 pounds or under.  Of course, expecting Sam to lose a few pounds, it's about as difficult as it is for me to lose a few!  Good luck with that.

Sam was good on the drive home.  He spent his time bouncing around in the backseat going from one side to the other and looking out the windows.  When we drove into the neighborhood, he knew we were close to home.  He began to get super excited and by the time I pulled into the garage, he was practically jumping.

Before heading into the house, Sam did have to mark his territory in a few places just to let everybody know that he was back.  Once inside the house, he walked everywhere, looking for Maggie.  Eventually, when he gave up on his search, he found a blanket and pillow to sleep on and took a very long nap.

Jeff came home in the evening and brought Maggie with him.  Maggie had spent the weekend at Scott's house and got to play with his Mastiffs (which make Maggie look pretty much like a toy poodle)!  Sam, and I believe Maggie was too, were very excited to see each other.  After the initial running around and sniffing, both of them settled down.

Whenever Jeff comes home and heads for the recliner, Sam jumps into his lap.  We call it doing penance because Jeff isn't home during the day!  

My house is now back to normal.  The dogs are here, Jeff has gone to work, and I'm knocking out a blog.  

Today is National Beer Day and National Navy Day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...