Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Happy Tuesday

10/20/2015

It's brisk this morning, but so refreshing after the heat of the summer.  I like that at this time of year you can add layers of clothes to stay warm.  There's not much that you could or should take off in the summer, and remain "G" rated!

Picked up my new sunglasses yesterday.  I am faithful about wearing them when I'm outside.  Who knows maybe it's saving me from a wrinkle or two.  Not that I worry about wrinkles, who has time for that?

This Friday afternoon, Jeff and I are piling into the plane and heading for Hilton Head for a pilot weekend. There will be some kind of class for pilots and we non-flying ladies will have a tour of the island.  There is a buy your own dinner on Friday and another dinner on Saturday night.  I'll take the tour, but what I really want to do is take my kindle and my hat and sit by the pool or the ocean.  Oh, I'd also like to sip something that has an umbrella in it.  I don't think that's asking too much.

For me the real challenge is what clothes to take.  I, like all the women that I know, tend to pack too much (and yes Jeff I can "see" you shaking your head up and down).  You need sandals to wear to the pool and/or the beach.  I wear tennis shoes when in the plane, because you have to pull yourself up and put a foot on the strip of the wing designed for feet before getting inside.

If there's much walking around, then my tennies will be the go to shoe.  Dinner Saturday night? Sandals I think.  I don't need to look like a dork 24/7.  

I'm of course taking my stimulator to help with pain.  I learned last Friday after walking around for several hours, that eventually I can almost not pick up my feet, because I hurt so much.  I'll probably carry my device in my purse so that I can increase the stimulation during the day if I need to.

Mr. Sam is going to a kennel and Maggie will be staying with Scott.  Maggie will have a better time because she can play with dogs who are more her size.  There was talk of leaving Mr. Sam home, he has a doggy door.  But, he has become used to my being home most of the time, and if he was left on his own, he'd make sure all the neighbors knew he was unhappy.

Here's your holidays:

  • Birth of the Bab
  • Miss American Rose Day
  • National Face Your Fears Day (this would be for me)
  • The International Day of the Air Traffic Controller (this is for Jeff and all of the other pilots who are kept safe by what Air Traffic Controllers do every day)
There you have it, all the news that's fit to print.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...