Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Public Bathrooms

10/28/2015

I know, I know.  You're probably wondering what I could possibly have to say about public bathrooms.  When I think about it, there's actually a lot to say.

Jeff and I were on our min-vacation last weekend.  It seemed like every time I needed to use the bathroom, I noticed that the stalls were small and the doors opened inward.  By having the doors opening into the stall, this means that you literally have to suck in your stomach and practically hug the toilet in order to close the door.  Why do builders do this?  Does it cost more money to have outward opening doors?  I can't imagine that it does.  

That's gripe number one.  Gripe number two is that sometimes there is no available hook to use for your purse.  Unfortunately, this means that you have to put your purse and/or any other belongings on the floor, which isn't always very clean.  Actually I should change that from isn't always very clean to practically never very clean.

Then there is the modern technology at the sink.  I've never been overly successful in getting water out of those faucets that are motion activated.  Maybe I'm old (and yes I am), but why can't we just have faucets, the kind that you can turn on and off?

Once you have the water running, then you have to operate the soap dispenser, which seems never to be the same kind.  Okay, once you've managed to get the soap, and gotten the water back on, now it's time to dry your hands.

Growing up, when you went into a bathroom in a gas station, sometimes there was a towel on a roller that you pulled down.  Certainly this method of a "community" towel, would not work for folks today.  

Today our options are paper towels which come from a dispenser that is motion activated and sometimes you have to "motion" it more than once.  Otherwise, you dry your hands with a machine that works really well.  The problem with the machine dryer is that the blower is so strong, your hands practically age right in front of you!  You can see wrinkles from the skin being pushed about by the blower.  Perhaps this is an indicator of what your hands will look like when you are old and wrinkly!

By the way, today is National Chocolate Day - yeah!

P

Image result for public bathroom towels picturesImage result for public bathroom towels picturesImage result for public bathroom towels pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...