Friday, October 23, 2015

Up, Up and Away!

10/23/2015

Well today is finally here.  Around noon, we're loading up Mister Sam at the kennel and then getting ourselves to the airport.  When you are going to fly, either in a jumbo jet or a smaller one like ours, it's not just get in, start the engine and go.  Nope, there has to be an inspection of the outside of the plane, make sure you have enough fuel on board, and tell the air traffic controllers where you're heading.  All of this takes time.

We're flying to Hilton Head, SC for a "fly-in".  That's where people who own the same type of plane that we have, get together for some fun.  The pilots will have some kind of pilot meeting, talking about a host of things, probably safety if I was to guess.

We women are taking a tour of the island and in the afternoon we'll learn about the history and culture of the Gullah people.  I'm bring my bathing suit, just in case there is some free time during the weekend, where I can dip my toes in the sand.  If not, at least I will have been prepared.

I find taking a trip very anxiety producing.  I'm not a high maintenance kind of girl, but I want to make sure that my clothes match with one or more pants/tops.  I'm always afraid that I'm leaving something important behind.  Mind you, I never have, but it's still a worry of mine anyway.  

I once worked for a man who told me the best advice about taking at trip.  Whatever you have forgotten to bring, there's probably a store just around the corner.  It's good advice but I still fret about pretty much everything before a trip.  I tend to relax after the plane lifts off, because it's not with me, there's nothing I can do about it.

Here's a picture looking down on the pool and ocean.  And yes, I'm bringing sunscreen.  Have to avoid sun wrinkles if I can.   

P

 Now showing photo 2, Sparkling Resort Pool Overlooking the Ocean



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...