Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cooler Weather, Longer Pants

10/11/2015

It's much cooler out this morning, which is a sure sign that the high temperatures of summer are pretty much over.  Time to poke around in the closet and find some long pants and long-sleeved shirts.  The good news about cooler temperatures is you can always add another layer, unlike in the summer, when you can really only take so many clothes off - at least outside!

The leaves are turning into beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow.  And, we're still having to "leaf" the driveway every day or so to keep the chore of picking up said leaves manageable - more or less!

This is also the time of year where I turn the heat lamp in the bathroom on, and it feels lovely.  It is also the time of the year where I two-step from rug to rug trying to avoid stepping on cold bathroom tiles.

Today, I'm making chili for dinner.  Seems like the perfect day for it. I can fix it early today, put it in the crock pot and Jeff will have something to eat when he comes home.  He's going to Andrew's house today to work on something or another.  I, on the other hand, will stay at home and try to cram all of our favorite Sunday night shows in the appropriate time slots.  I really need a bigger Tivo which would let me record 6 shows at once, rather than 4.  Perhaps I should tell Santa!

I can tell when old Sam thinks it's cold, because during the night he leaves the bottom of the bed to come up between Jeff and I.  This is, of course fine, but then Maggie (who is not so little) wants to do the same thing. I wish they made wider beds, than the one we have (which is very long and very wide), so that we could accommodate the dogs and Benjamin when he stays over.


Go out and enjoy the sunshine today. 

  • National Sausage Pizza Day
Yesterday was National Purse Day - how could I have missed that?!!


P
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...