Friday, October 30, 2015

Too Many Clothes or Too Few Closets!

10/30/2015

From the beginning of time (or nearly so), women have loved clothes, shoes and purses.  Also, from the beginning of time, women never have enough closets.  I don't care how many there are in your house, there are never enough.

In our house, there are four very wide closets.  Jeff has his clothes contained in a very small part of one of the closets.  I, on the other hand, have taken over all of the other closet space.  Now we know that most men aren't all that interested in clothes, and that's one reason why they are given so little closet space.

Women, on the other hand, love clothes.  You have your "skinny" clothes, your "average" sized clothes and unfortunately, for most of us, our "bigger" clothes!  You can't possibly get rid of the clothes you can no longer wear.  Why?  Because someday, you might magically lose a ton of weight and would need those skinny clothes.  I know statistically that's not going to happen, but hope springs eternal, so I keep clothes that don't fit.

It's bad enough that even though I purged and gave away most of my office clothes, I still have run out of room!  In the bottom of one closet are my shoes, most of which I don't wear.  In the bottom of another closet, I have two boxes.  One box holds short-sleeved or sleeveless tops and the other has pants, capris and shorts.  

At this time of year, I need to empty out the spring and summer tops and replace them with long sleeve shirts and/or sweatshirts.  But in order to do that, I have to have someplace for my out of season clothes to go and therein lies the problem.  

I like clothes and I don't make any excuses for doing so.  What I need, besides less clothes (nah, that's not possible), is to become organized - or better organized.  Since I'm retired, I really don't have an excuse, at least a good enough one, to not organize my closets.  But, there is always something more fun I could be doing.  Reading for instance and doing jigsaw puzzles on the computer takes time.

While my closets don't look this bad, if I don't get organized soon, they will.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...