Sunday, October 18, 2015

Piggy Day!

10/18/2015

Yesterday, I had a piggy day.  While I was at Butler's Orchard on Friday, I bought two cake doughnuts (yum yum), a loaf of seven grain bread, a caramel apple (double yum) and several chocolate covered pretzels.

To be fair, I did share the pretzels with Benjamin, but the doughnuts and apple were all mine.  And, they were good.  The farmer's market was also selling candied apples with that red, rock hard candy shell, which I've never thought were very good.  But, the caramel apple, which I don't eat very often, was so good.

I remember, and perhaps you do too, when it was apple season, you would also see a bag of Kraft individually wrapped caramel candy near by.  For many years, I unwrapped all of the candy, cooked it slowly on the stove.  After the apples were dipped, placed them on buttered wax paper.  What I ate yesterday, was just as good as the ones I made from "scratch".  

While most people crave glazed doughnuts, I have always thought that cake doughnuts tasted so much better.  And, because I like to play brain games with myself, have convinced myself they are lower in calories.

I did some research and a glazed doughnut has 260 calories, but if you've already set your mind on eating one, then who gives a hoot for the calorie count.

Cake doughnuts, on the other hand, provided they're not iced are only 192 calories. So while you're enjoying one (or two), you can feel somewhat pious about all the calories you're saving.

P

Image result for picture of doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...