Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Tune-Up

10/21/2015

Today, I'm meeting with a representative of St. Jude's to get a "tune up" on my stimulator.  I had the surgery in July and the stimulator hasn't been "tweeked" since then.  We're going away this weekend, and I suspect there will be a fair amount of walking and standing, so this seems like the perfect time to adjust things.

I will say that I do believe the stimulator makes a difference.  On Friday, during the Pumpkin Festival with Stacey and Benjamin, I was able to stand and walk around for a number of hours.  But, by the early evening, I was done.  I was almost unable to put one foot in front of the other, and I want to avoid that, if I can, this weekend.

I am looking forward to the weekend, and am hoping for some downtime at the pool or by the ocean.  All I need is my hat (don't want any more wrinkles), Kindle and some kind of drink (it could even be water) that has an umbrella stuck inside the glass.

Nearly forgot.  Today is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day (yum I could go for that).  Also National Reptile Awareness Day - why would I want to be aware of reptiles? Yuck.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...