Thursday, October 8, 2015

I Did It!!!

10/8/2015

Yesterday, I (yes me) drove myself to the doctors' office to get my eyes tested.  For most of you, it wouldn't have much of a trip, only 33 miles or so.  But, for me it might as well have been 333 miles and all on the interstate.

I left home in plenty of time so that if I got turned around (and I did), I would still be on time for my appointment.  My navigator was able to right my wrongs and find a different way to reach the doctor's office.

My appointment was at 11:00, so I knew that rush hour would be over by then and I was right.  My biggest problem was keeping my car at or near the speed limit.  Cuzilu (name of my car) manages to get up to 70 mph in no time at all.  I had to really concentrate to keep my speed down, because frankly it's fun to drive 70 mph!

The doctor I saw was very nice and laughed when I told him that all I really needed was a dog that could read to me!  I, of course have one weak eye and the other is stronger.  He told me that until I have cataract surgery, sometime in the future, I will never see 20/20 out of my left eye.  Bummer.

Driving home in the sunlight with my eyes dilated was a lot of fun.  I had trouble making out my speed, because certain letters look a lot alike.  That was going to be my excuse if I was pulled over.  Pretty sure it would have worked.  But made it home all in one piece and frankly was very proud of myself.

Those of you who know me, also know that I have for years avoided the interstate.  I much prefer the city roads, even with all the stop lights.  So for me to pull up my big girl panties, and charge down the highway into uncharted waters, was huge.

I've already been to the optician and ordered my new lenses.  Once we know that the prescription is right, I'll get new lenses for my sunglasses.  Jeff has money in his health care spending account, and after one visit to get new lenses, have pretty much used up all the money.  Much tidier and less trouble if you can just send in one or two bills as opposed to a whole bunch of little ones!

Benjamin is staying with us for a few days, so I will have to find ways to keep him entertained. 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...