Friday, October 16, 2015

New Glasses

10/15/2015

Yesterday, I went to the opticians to pick up my new glasses.  I don't have a simple prescription that could be filled anywhere.  Nope, I have prisms to avoid seeing double (a good thing), and bifocal.  Because my new lenses is always pretty pricey, most times when I get a new prescription, I use my old frames.

This time around, I decided that it had been several years since I had new frames, and now was the time to get a new pair.  I love the new frames.  They have a bit of "gold" on the ear pieces, which makes me look all snazzy!  I also have prescription sunglasses, but never change those until I have worn my regular glasses for a few days, to make sure that there are no problems.

I have now ordered new lenses for my sunglasses.  I like my sunglasses frames, so am opting just for new lenses and am having the lenses polarized to cut down on glare and haze.  People, I truly need all the help I can get for seeing in the distance!  I just wish I could get a seeing eye dog that could drive!

The good news is that I will have my new lenses before our trip to Hilton Head, SC on the 23rd. So while we're flying next Friday, I'll be able to really give my new lenses a workout as far as glare goes.  

Whenever it's time for me to pick up my new glasses, it always feels like a two-edged sword.  I fret that the prescription won't be just right, and this has happened before.  The worst case of this was years ago when I walked out of an optician's office and my eyes began to burn and tear up.  I thought it was just due to my getting used to the new prescription, but after several days went back.  I'm a slow learner!  Turns out, that those fools had put my bifocals on the top of the lens, and it was no wonder that my eyes were giving me so much trouble.

So if you live in my neighborhood, have no fears because I can really see you now!

P

Today is National Grouch Day as well as Conflict Resolution Day

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...