Monday, October 19, 2015

It's Not Summer Anymore!

10/19/2015

If you were looking for a clear sign that summer is gone, just look at the temperature outside.  I did this morning and it was 40 degrees, so I declared hot days over for the year.  It seems unlikely that the a/c will run again until next summer, which will make Pepco sad, because our bills are always high.  On the other hand, since we have a gas furnace, the gas company will be happy, because our bills which are low in the summer, will now be on the rise.  See it's a win-win for everyone.

Last night we turned on our gas log in the fireplace.  We have a blower inside, and after a few hours, you either have to turn it down or turn it off.  It really heats up that room.  Mister Sam laid in front of the fireplace yesterday to warm up his old bones.

Jeff was kind enough to blow and pick up the leaves this weekend.  It doesn't matter how good a job he does, every day more leaves fall to the ground.  This will continue until the first frost, which can't happen soon enough for those of us who have big and at this time of year, messy oak or maple trees!

We're leaving on Friday for Hilton Head for the weekend.  It's a fly-in event, but the emphasis will be more on fun, rather than lectures.  There is one lecture (or whatever they call it) for the pilots.  We wives will be taking a tour of the island on Saturday.

I will make sure that my Kindle is charged, and a perfect day would be sitting on the beach or near the pool and having a drink with an umbrella stuck inside the glass.  You can see it doesn't take too much to make me happy.

Benjamin stayed with us Friday and Saturday night.  If a stranger walked into my house after a visit from Benjamin, they would definitely know he'd been here.  The house has a few toys, a stack of movies we watched that haven't been put away yet, and stuffed animals on the couch.  When Benjamin is here, all I want is for him to play and not worry about messing things up.  If there is music that he likes in a movie, he gets up and starts dancing and singing.  By the way, he's good at both of those things!

I'm going this morning to pick up my new lenses for my sunglasses, which will have improved distance vision.  This is good news for all Maryland drivers.

We have some fun "holidays to celebrate today:

  • Dress like a dork day
  • Evaluate your life day
  • International adjust your chair day
  • National clean your virtual desktop day and
  • New Friends day
P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...