Monday, October 5, 2015

Lawn Looks Like a War Zone!

10/5/2015

The oak tree in our yard is now 29 years old.  She's a big tree filled with a lot of acorns and squirrels.  At this time of the year, the yard definitely looks like a war zone and it looks like the squirrels are winning!

Our neighbors' yards do not have acorns strewn around or a large amount of leaves that need to be picked up.  Picking up wet leaves is almost impossible.  The only good thing about wet leaves is that they don't blow around.  Nope, those suckers are holding their ground.  

It's windy today, which means that more leaves and branches will come down from the oak tree.  The squirrels bite off small branches after they're empty of acorns.  At this time of year, you do not under any circumstances, walk in your bare feet on our driveway!  

We would like to pick up the leaves, but know it would be better to wait a day to make the leaf-picking-up chore a bit easier.  Sometimes I wish I had a big vacuum for the yard and I could just push it around and all the yard debris would go swoosh up the hose.  Since my chances of getting such a device, is about as remote as my chance of winning the lottery - slim and none!

Instead of working outside, I will stay inside and make beef stew for dinner.  It's cooler outside and stew sounds like the right kind of meal for tonight.

Because you expect me to keep track of things for you, today is:

  • National Blue Shirt Day
  • National Child Health Day
  • National Apple Betty Day
  • National Storytelling Day
  • World Teachers' Day
Armed with the above knowledge, you'll be able to hold your own around the coffee machine!


Have a great day.

P

1 comment:

  1. well, I didn't get the message about national blue shirt day - sadly... I wore green shirt today

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...