Thursday, October 29, 2015

Christmas

10/29/2015

I know that the very title of this blog has most and probably many of you groan.  But, if you've been in a store recently, you can buy ornaments, fake trees, wreaths, etc.  As far as the retailers are concerned, Halloween is over and Thanksgiving just doesn't count for them in the big scheme of things.

The boys' company, 4A Computing, sends out Christmas cards with calendar magnets.  Since I'm not a wait until the last minute type of gal, it's time to get an order together.  Once the cards and magnets arrive, then I stuff them into envelopes and Jeff makes labels so that I don't have to hand address.  

When the boys were home, our house was decorated for Christmas.  Scott has a real love of lights and he would climb up on the roof and make sure that our house stood out - and it did.  Back then it was fun to have lights on the boxwoods and hanging from trees.  Now?  Not so much.

I'm not planning on having any kind of holiday meal at the house this year. Nothing ever stays the same and as we grow older we continue to evolve.  I am learning to go with the flow, and try and fit our schedule, which is pretty much always open, with what the boys are doing.


Today is National Internet Day, Hermit Day and Oatmeal Day.  I think I have two of those "holidays" covered!  But I had a bagel for breakfast, instead of oatmeal!

If you want to know in advance, tomorrow is National Doughnut Day, in case you want to stop and get some before you go to work.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...