Saturday, October 3, 2015

Last of the Gray Weather?

10/3/2015

Yesterday, it rained all day.  During the summer, I was worried that my new baby plants would die from lack of water.  Today, I'm worried that those same plants will drown!

When Jeff got home yesterday, we headed up to Frederick to do our shopping.  On our regular shopping trips, we buy a lot of food.  Do we need all that food?   Um, probably not, but we'll always be prepared in case for some force of Mother Nature we can't get to the store!

Getting through Costco was a breeze.  Christmas decorations, trees, etc., are already out.  I believe October is a tad early to be promoting Christmas.  But then again, I'm not in the retail business, so what do I know?

Even at WalMart, where we normally get tangled up in long lines at the cashier, there was virtually nobody in line.  A few people were buying bottled water, a concept that I don't quite understand.  The water in our house is very good.  I did have some plastic water bottles that I bought at one time or another.  I have always just refilled them and they're as good as new.

This week though I bought a permanent water bottle.  It's a steel water bottle made by Contigo.  It's supposed to keep water cold for hours, and people it really does.  Before I add water, I put in ice cubes, which really helps the water to stay cold.  Unlike the plastic bottles that I reuse, the water quickly turns from cold to cool rather quickly.

I was at Hopkins this week and took along my new water bottle.  At the end of the day, the water inside was just as cold as it was when my day started!  Love it.  I love it so much that I have been tossing out all my old reused plastic water bottles.




PContigo AUTOSPOUT Sheffield Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, 20-Ounce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...