Friday, October 16, 2015

Lipstick and Perfume

10/16/2015

You all know that I am brand loyal with a capital "B".  I have worn the same shade of Revlon lipstick for more years than I can count, and now my shade has been discontinued.  I think if companies are going to stop making "x" or "y", there should be some kind of announcement, so we can begin hoarding either "x" or "y".

I have a particular shade of lipstick that I like and have several tubes of it tucked away in a drawer.  But when my stash is gone, that shade of lipstick will also be gone.  I went on Amazon yesterday and typed in the name of the lipstick that I like.  Since it's discontinued, you can still buy the lipstick, but it's going to set you back $30.00 a tube!  As Judge Judy would say "that's ridiculous".  

The next time I'm in a store, I'm going to have to go through the shades of lipstick that most clearly resemble my old favorite.  I suspect that I will have to buy several different colors, which are, of course, non-returnable, until I find a suitable substitute.  What a drag.

Yes, I'm old and yes I'm set in my ways.  I like certain things just the way they are or were and you have to take me kicking and screaming to the store to find something new, like lipstick.

I'm also loyal to Chloe vintage perfume.  Yes there are new Chloe scents, but I want the old Chloe, which, of course, is not made anymore.  Earlier this year, I made it my mission to go on Ebay and buy all the vintage Chloe perfume that was available.  Most of the bottles have been used, but I bought them anyway.  So some bottles are half-full and others not so much.  In my spare bathroom, I have my many bottles of Chloe sitting on the vanity waiting to be used in the future.

I know most women are not as rigid as I am.  They like trying new perfumes and lipstick, but I'm in a rut that is comfortable for me.  When I'm not able to get vintage Chloe any longer, than I will be forced to try something new.  Until that time, I'm good.

P

Image result for picture of lipstick and perfume

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...