Monday, September 14, 2015

Purses and Shoes Oh My

9/14/2015

There are two things that most, if not all, women love: purses and shoes (not necessarily in that order).  For years I carried a Coach purse, but even when empty the purses weighed a lot.  And, I carry a lot of "stuff" around in my purse.  While I love the Coach purses, especially the red one, I have started investing in cheaper, seasonal bags.

I was brought up in the era where you didn't wear white after Labor Day.  Okay, that concept was kicked to the curb a long time ago.  But some habits are easier to get rid of then others.  This year for the spring and summer months, I had an appropriate white and tan purse.  It had lots of pockets and I liked that.

But now it's after Labor Day, and last week I went in search of a new bag, in a more appropriate fall color.  I found a fake snakeskin bag in brown.  I checked the inside, of course, to make sure that it had the right amount of places to stash stuff.  It did and I bought it.

The way I transition from purse to purse, is to dump out the contents of purse A on the kitchen table.  Then I pick through the remnants, which this time gave me $1.20 in change; a few hard as nails gummy candy; and more tissues than any person needs to carry.  I also found out that I was dragging around not one but two lipsticks (same color), as well as two mirrors.  Heavens I don't much like looking in the mirror, so I can't figure out how two managed to find their way into my purse.  Once I tossed out all the unwanted items, my new purse was loaded, and is ready to go.

Women love shoes.  Even if we have lots of shoes, you can always use/need another pair.  When I was a teenager, I had shoes that matched many of my clothes.  The reason for this is: shoes were cheaper in the 60's, and my parents paid for my shoes.

I haven't owned a pair of heels in I can't remember when.  I'm now more into comfort over fashion.  Since my body doesn't readily adapt to bending over to tie shoes, I wear clogs or shoes with Velcro.  I still own all of my shoes that I wore when I was working, but they have been moved to a spare closet.  Unlike giving away most of my going to work clothes, I haven't yet parted with any shoes.  Why? Probably because I love my shoes and merely liked the clothes.

P

Image result for picture of shoes and purses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...