Saturday, September 13, 2014

Coffee With A Friend

9/13/2014

Boy are we lucky.  We escaped the horrible "Friday the 13th" this month. Though we all know that nothing really happens on the 13th, it seems that a lot of people are superstitious about that date. I can't point to a Friday the 13th in my past, where something so bad happened that it became permanently etched in my memory.

Today, a friend invited me for coffee.  We hadn't had a good chat in quite awhile, so we needed to be able to sit down and catch up with each other. We went to a Starbucks and took our coffee outside on their patio which was pleasant until Mother Nature started "tinkling" on us!

It wasn't so much what we talked about, but more of getting together with a good friend and yacking about stuff.  Her stuff, my stuff, family stuff, trip stuff and any other "stuff" that didn't fit it into a specific category!

I don't generally order coffee when I'm out and about.  First, because I'm not very often out and about, and the prices charged for coffee seem high to me, considering it's just black coffee with a couple of ice cubes thrown in to cool the coffee down from "burn my tongue" to a large gulp temperature.

I have always loved coffee since I met Jeff and was normally a 2-3 cups a day kind of gal. Last year at the treatment centers, coffee was served in the cafeteria - period.  I had a cup of coffee in the morning and because a pot of coffee wasn't available to me during the day, weaned myself away from the stuff.

Back home now and with our new Keurig pot (which I love), I have a cup in the morning and maybe a decaf in the afternoon.  That's it.  The rest of the time I drink water, a lot of water. I find that I no longer need multiple cups of coffee during the day.  When I was working, there was a coffee machine in the hallway and you could, and I did, drink coffee all day!  I still could do that easily here at home, but coffee just doesn't taste as good to me as it once did.  

We are having a fall weather day here with light rain.  To me, this is a hot chocolate kind of day. I have been to the library and picked up a new novel by Stephen King and because it's in large print, weighs a ton!  So perhaps I'll cozy up in my rocker with the book and coco and enjoy the cooler temperature.  

Enjoy your Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...