Saturday, September 27, 2014

Grandparents' Day



9/27/2014

Yesterday, Jeff and I were invited to Benjamin's school for grandparent's day.  For those of you who have yet to experience being a grandparent, trust me it's the absolute best.  While as a grandparent you do still have to have some rules, but since we are not doing the primary parenting, rules can be fewer.  Being a grandparent means that you can love unconditionally and will receive it back ten-fold from your grandchild.

In Benjamin's classroom, I sat in a tiny chair next to him while we tried to move different shapes into a variety of animals.  After a few attempts, I gave up my puzzle making duties to Jeff.  I have never been any good at taking random shapes and forming them into anything, much less an animal!

At lunchtime we followed Benjamin into the cafeteria.  We had opted to have cheese pizza, carrots and peaches with milk.  Oh and because the guests were either parents or grandparents, we adults could have pie. 

After lunch the three of us had our picture taken and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out okay.  Benjamin might be photogenic, but Mom Mom is not!

We followed Benjamin out to the playground, and he got to the business of playing right away.  Normally, it is very hard for me to leave Benjamin, but since he was playing, a quick hug and kiss and he ran off.  Jeff and I left for home.  It was a good day and as always a delight to see Benjamin.  

This is a picture of Benjamin and I deep in thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...