Monday, September 8, 2014

It's "Falling"

9/8/2014

I don't know about your folks on the West coast, since your weather changes very little from day-to-day, but back here in the East, things are changing.

Our oak trees, which are so beautiful during the spring and summer, are now dropping their leaves all over the yard.  The squirrels who live in said trees, are tossing acorns around right and left.  If I didn't know better, I would say the little critters almost take aim when our car is in the driveway!  

Some old timers would tell you what kind of winter we're having by the amount of acorns being tossed on to the yard. The Farmer's Almanac predicts that our weather here will be colder than normal and the snowiest months will be December and February.  We'll just to have to wait and see. For some reason I put more faith in the Almanac than the local forecasters!

A plus side of being retired is that I no longer have to stay up for the late news report to tell me whether schools and/or the government will be closed or delayed.  When the boys were young, they silently, and sometimes not so silently, wished that the schools would always be closed.  As a working mother, I wanted the schools to close too, but for a completely different reason. A delay meant that I couldn't go to work on time because I had to make sure that the boys managed to get to the bus on time.

Last night Jeff took out the leaf blower and blew all the acorns off the driveway and the first leaves of the season into a pile.  You can see that it's "falling" season in the East.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...