Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cleaning Out A Purse

9/10/2014

For all you fellows out there, this might not be the blog for you (ya think?).  For us women, a purse just isn't a purse, it's our "mobile" house!  I do envy the women who carry these dainty little bags that look like you can only hold a lipstick, mirror and comb and the required permanent attachment - your cell phone!  No longer do you need to carry twenty-five cents to make a phone call when you are on a date, in case the date goes south!

Last night at the store I bought myself a new purse, a cheap purse.  I own several Coach bags and they are beautiful and well made.  I have one purse I call "Big Red" because it's red (duh) and it can carry as I like to say crap loads of things. Downside is this purse is heavy without anything being inside.

This morning after breakfast, I grabbed up the two purses that I have been using on/off for several months and dumped both of them on the kitchen table. So much stuff in those purses, a lot of which I didn't even know I had - yes, it's been that long since I've actually looked inside them.  Trust me when I tell you that it's a woman thing to just keep cramming papers, lipsticks, etc. in the purse and nine times out of ten, forget about most of those things.

My purses had several empty bags of the little jelly candies I carry around with me, just in case I'm starving. Several kinds of lipstick in all different colors, bits and pieces of paper that I had tossed inside because there was no trash can handy. Receipts from stores, some not even current!  Cards to remind me of appointments that I had forgotten to put into my calendar! And at the bottom of each purse was change, lots of change. When I buy something I religiously put my bills away, but the change I just toss in and they settle on the bottom.  This could be why my purses become so heavy! 

After I tossed out the junk which made up about 90% of the contents, I then got about the business of organizing.  My intentions are good, at least this morning, about keeping a cleaner and lighter purse.  These good intentions are going to fly out the window as soon as I buy something and toss those first coins into the depths, likely not to be seen for a long time.

If I don't get anything else done today, I'm feeling quite smug about my purse cleaning that I did this morning.  You know it's all about the little things. By the way, this picture isn't my purse but it's a fair representation of what I drag around with me!

P

Image result for picture of full purse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...