Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Change of Clothes

9/23/2014

Now don't get all excited.  I'm simply talking about the storing of "shorty" (capris) pants and summer flip-flops. The days are shorter now we haven't needed the a/c for weeks now. Actually, I now find while watching television, that I look longingly at my gas fireplace and now that it won't be long before I fire it up.

I have put away my seersucker, light bathrobes for heavier and longer robes.  Socks are now becoming almost mandatory to wear - I hate cold toes!  I have dragged out of the closet my "real" slippers, the ones that have fleece lining (again, always thinking about my toes).

As I drag my long pants out from drawers, I realize that not one, but several new pants that I bought earlier this year, are tooooooooooooo long.  Gads.  When you  buy petite pants, I always assume that they will fit a petite (at least in length) body.  Not so my friends.  I guess the fashion trend is to have your pants cover up some part of your shoes.  For me, that's a trip hazard.  So this week I will dutifully take my pants down to the tailor, who knows me on sight, to get all of my "petite" pants shortened to the length that I prefer - stopping around the ankle.  And yes I also know that I end up cutting off several inches from each pair of pants.  Same problem with long sleeve blouses, they're always too long.  Or, maybe I'm just too fussy!

In the early summer I took the down comforter off our bed and am pretty sure within the next few weeks will take it out of storage and put it back on the bed.  We do sleep with both dogs and they are, of course, an extra source of warmth.  Trouble with dogs is that if you want to turn over or pull up your blankets, sleeping dogs don't move!  Sam, our terrier, sleeps at my feet or more precisely on my feet, which really does impede my moving around.  I suppose I could make him move, but there is something so peaceful about a dog resting on your feet.  

Since the days are getting shorter and colder, 'ol Sam will soon be looking to get in between Jeff and I to extra warmth.  We give him a summer haircut which is quite short, but now until spring we leave his coat longer.  

While I'm sitting here this morning, the window is open, but I have pants on and am even wearing a sweater.  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, the air is crisp, the leaves are turning and a cup of hot cocoa tastes really good.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...