Friday, September 5, 2014

Guilty in Virginia

9/5/2014

Hurrah, the ex-Governor of Virginia and his wife were found guilty yesterday of public corruption. The McDonnells faced a14 count indictment that alleged that they lent the prestige of the governor’s office to a Richmond area businessman and that, in exchange, the businessman lavished them with gifts..Robert McDonnell was found guilty of 11 charges; and his wife Maureen guilty of nine.  They will have to wait until their sentencing date of January 6, 2015 to know what their fates will be.

What I likely know for certain is that there will be appeals upon appeals. The Governor's political career might likely be over.  But, what the heck, he can always write a book, which I'm sure would be a best seller!

As for the wife, I don't know what she's going to do now.  Sell her fancy designer dresses? Write a book herself or just try and fade into the shadows of public life?

Some of their friends will rally around them now, but they may find others distancing themselves, particularly if they are politicians.

Seems likely to me that since there has been so much of throwing each other under the bus, that the next thing we'll be reading about is their divorce.

What consistently amazes me is that the very rich and famous seem to always believe somehow that they are above the law.  Why they believe that baffles me.  Is it because they are rich and famous - or just plain stupid.  

I have no sympathy for this couple and while I don't believe they will ever see the inside of a jail cell, really wish they would.  Remember these are just my feelings folks.  Others of you may feel differently and that's okay.

If these charges had been brought up on a "normal" citizen, they likely would already be hugging prison bars.  

Stay tuned for the next segment of what's happening in Virginia.  Perhaps the power couple might even grace the cover of People Magazine!  

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...