Friday, March 14, 2014

Detested Household Chores!

3/14/2014

Notice I said chores, because that's exactly what they are.  I know each of you out there have one, two or maybe more "chores" that you just don't seem to find time to do.  I know that's true of yours truly.  I thought I would share some of the things that need to be done around the house that I put off.  

Obviously, I have to do laundry and while it's not as time consuming as it used to be when women scrubbed their clothes on washboards, I still don't enjoy it.  Why?  Of course, I have a washer and dryer so the work isn't hard, and yet when the buzzer on the dryer goes off, I almost can't make myself rush into the laundry room and scoop up all the clean clothes and start folding.  This isn't hard work yet I don't want to have to fold clothes.  Theory is that as soon as you fold the clothes and put them in drawers, somebody comes along and has the nerve to wear them!  This is a never ending cycle!  Good news?  None of the boys live at home now, so it's just Jeff and I which means less laundry.  I wish I had a fairy that with one swoop of our wand, all the clothes would be folded - oh and even better - put in the drawers!

My next favorite thing to do is empty the dishwasher.  I have no trouble putting the dishes in there and slamming the door shut.  Confession: I have been known (but don't tell Jeff, though I think he already knows) that I never really actually take out all of the dishes.  Sinful I know.  Blame it on just being lazy.  I have no trouble whatsoever filling the dishwasher, but then when it's time to take the dishes out and put them away, I just groan.  Emptying the dishwasher is a chore much like folding clothes - boring.  And, like clean clothes, the dishes just get dirty again!

Lastly, it's washing all of my decorative glass pieces.  Those of you who know me well, also know that I love beautiful glass, and I have a lot of it.  Our bathroom has a garden tub and standing guard over the tub is 27 (yes you read correctly) beautiful and all different Murano glass clowns.  My heart's desire is to go to Italy and visit the island of Murano. Of course if I went to the factory I would definitely need an empty suitcase to bring home some new treasures.

Cleaning the clowns is actually easy.  I fill the tub up with warm water and give each clown a quick swish in the water, which removes any dust, and then put them back to continue guarding.

Those of you who have been to my house know that I have beautiful glass pieces all over the house.  I own glass elephants, frogs, birds and too many other treasures to mention.  Let's just say that occasionally somebody will tell me that my house reminds them of an "old lady's" house.  I'm okay with that.  I love having these beautiful things around me and a number of treasures I have a real sentimental attachment.  My parents bought me my first china tea cup when I was in high school and I've never stopped collecting!  

Well my blog is finished, as is the dryer and dishwasher - curses!

Have a good day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...