Thursday, January 8, 2015

Baby It's Cold Outside!

1/8/2015

It appears that winter has finally landed in Maryland.  We've had our first snow, which amounted to only a few inches, but still had to be shoveled.  Jeff made a fabulous beef soup for us to eat on yesterday and likely again today.  It's amazing how many meals you can make from a single package of stew meat.

The snow, thanks to the sun, is melting.  Unfortunately, there also patches of ice on walkways and parking lots, guaranteed to trip you up if you're not careful.  I hate walking around outside when there is ice on the ground.

This morning it was 7 degrees!  I know that the good folks who live in Minnesota, Alaska and other such northerly places, would possibly find that temperature almost warm!  As I sit here in the house typing this morning, my hands are cold.  In a few minutes Jeff and I are leaving for a doctor's appointment and I dread going to the car and perching my "little" fanny on cold leather seats!

Once I'm back from the appointment, I'm not going to stick my head out again today.  We will have the gas fireplace running all day, which will make the back part of the house warm.  Our entire back of the house is windows, lots of windows.  

As cold as it is today, I'm going to try and remember this when summer comes around and we're sweating from the heat and humidity.  I guess we're just not happy if we don't have something to complain about!

So once I'm back home, it's read in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate (marshmallows optional).  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...