Sunday, January 25, 2015

Getting Ready for Snow

1/25/2015

The outside is gray, but not particularly cold - at the moment.  Weathermen (who are sooooo very accurate) predicate snow to fall later today and through the night.  We might get a few inches, but unlike in years past, Jeff and I don't have to go to work, so the weather doesn't cause me to fret.

We keep our freezer and pantry well-stocked.  We have no need to rush out today and get the essentials for a winter storm: bread, milk and toilet paper!  If we didn't have the dogs, today would also be a great day to defrost our really big chest freezer in the basement.  Once the snow is on the ground, we could just chuck the food into the snow, where it would remain frozen!  The freezer would thaw out and we could put the food back into the freezer.  There is a large wall of ice built up on the sides of the freezer, but we can't really defrost because you have to have someplace for the food, while you do that.

We have a cooked chicken in the refrigerator and tomorrow Jeff will boil the carcass down to bones, which will give him great stock for chicken soup.  Jeff makes great soups, but always has a need to put mushrooms in the soup.  If I never ate another mushroom, it would be too soon!  Still, I can't complain too much, since I literally don't do anything to help make the soup.  I just show up when it's ready!

Stay warm.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...