Friday, January 30, 2015

Jeff Got A Job!!

1/30/2015

Yep, you read that correctly.  Jeff interviewed earlier in the week for a position, and they called him yesterday with a job offer.  To celebrate, we went out to dinner last night and indulged ourselves with steak (yummy).

Jeff starts on Monday and unfortunately is not a remote position.  On-site every day, Monday through Friday.  He starts on Monday and the job is about 30 miles away (I think that's what he said).  Of course back here, 30 miles can equate to over an hour in the car.

While Jeff is working every day, I'll be home alone.  I must and will find productive things to do around the house.  Who knows maybe I'll try and organize photos!  Or not.

When we lived in California, Jeff commuted every day and also had to travel during the week.  Since we moved to Maryland, Jeff's commute was just a few miles to IBM and after many years, he worked remote all the time.  We both know that going to work every day and having to commute, will change the dynamics of our lives.

Since I came home from Chicago in 2013, Jeff has pretty much been here every day, helping to care for me.  I'm stronger now and thrilled for this opportunity for him.  IBM may have put him "on the bench", but this company sees the merit in hiring somebody with Jeff's talents.

I just know that 2015 is going to be a very good year for us.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...