Friday, January 9, 2015

Watches

1/9/2015

Watches.  Used to be everybody wore one and now thanks to cellphones adhered to hips, more and more people don't wear a watch.

I wear a watch and yesterday the battery inside died.  A trip to the jewelry store is on my agenda to get it replaced.  I am old school and most of the time couldn't even tell you where my cellphone is!  Nobody knows the number and it wouldn't matter if they did, it's likely I wouldn't answer.

Here are some interesting statistics:
  • Number of watches sold annually worldwide 1,200,000,000
  • Swatch/Omega annual sales - $8,880,000,000
  • Rolex annual sales - $4,500,000,000
  • The Swatch group has 18.3% of the market share 
  • Mechanical watches have 77% of the market share
So obviously somebody(ies) out there are still wearing watches.  I know some people have fancy dress watches that they wear when they're out on the town.  Then there are people who have watches that do other things besides tell time. 

I do use my watch to keep time and I like wearing it because it has a circle of "diamonds" around the face.  It's a pretty watch.  I see ladies wearing watches that, to me, more closely resemble a man's watch with wide bands and large watch faces.  I prefer daintier jewelry including the watch I wear.

Speaking of time, it's time for me to get to my appointment.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...