Friday, January 16, 2015

Kindle Unlimited

1/16/2015

Yes, Amazon has come up with yet another new way to get more customers!  Kindle Unlimited allows you to read eligible books (and there's a lot of them) for free for a thirty day trial.  After the thirty days is up, you are charged $9.99 a month.

If you're not an avid reader, then this plan may not be right for you.  But in just the last two weeks, I have read six free books.  When you reach the limit, which is ten books, you must "return" a book before you can have another.  

Even if I order books for my Kindle, the fee for those books varies from 90 cents to $3.99 or more.  So if you do the math, and if my six books cost let's say $3.99 each, then I would have spent approximately $23 dollars and change.  

When I first looked into getting books for free, my fear was that free books would be from authors I've never heard of, or older books.  To my delight, neither of those assumptions is correct.  There is a large catalog books to choose from: science/horror, romance (my personal favorite), adventure, children's books, etc.  

Obviously, you can keep your ten books as long as you like.  But, if you're like me, I read (or skim) fast and my ten free books turn over quickly.

Another thing I have found handy is a Kindle stand, which is nothing more than a bean bag for your Kindle.  You squish around your bean bag and make a pouch, put your Kindle in the pouch and you no longer have to hold the Kindle.  I don't know about you, but I think the Kindle is heavy, so my little bean bag has proven to be very useful to me.

Happy reading.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...