Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hair or Less Hair?

1/13/2015

I have been married to Jeff for 40 years.  With the exception of a few months of our marriage, I have had short hair.  I don't have the talent to twist, twirl, curl or tease my hair into anything that remotely resembles a "do".

For the last few months, I thought that I would let my hair grow longer, to see if I liked it.  I went out and bought barrettes, curlers, hair bands and anything else that would/could contain my hair.  I see women on television who have hair hanging dangerously close to their eyes and I don't know how they stand it.  I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't much care for long hair and I definitely don't want any hair on my face.  

Longer hair is just too much of a commitment for me.  I'm more of a wash and fluff kind of gal.  I have decided that I don't want to have to use curlers every day in an effort to get my gray hair to do something other than hanging straight.

In an hour I'm off to the beauty shop and will let Angie, who has been doing my hair since 1986, know that it's time to go short.  I truly admire ladies who have long hair that flows around their head, but clearly I'm not that person.  

Another disadvantage of long(er) hair is that nobody can see my earrings.  I only wear studs and long hair covers up my two sets (I know very extravagant of me) of earrings.  I have emerald studs and diamond studs.  That's it.  I have seen women with hoop earrings so large they look like they should have their own zip code, and I can't imagine how nerve racking it would be for me to have large hoops banging against my neck all day.  

So there you have it.  My general lack of hair styling abilities and the fuss needed if you have long(er) hair, is giving way today to what I wear best - short hair!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...