Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Painting by Numbers"

1/28/2015

All of you who know me, know that I now have short term memory issues.  Multiple ECT treatments will do that to a gal.  I can, however, describe in some detail, my prom dress from 1967, but not yesterday's breakfast.  Very frustrating.

I have a need to keep challenging my brain to work.  One of the things that I love to do is "paint by number" through a program www.segmation.com. You buy a pattern, and there's a lot to choose from.  Once you have downloaded the pattern, on the right side of the screen, is a box containing all the "paint and corresponding number" you will need to finish that pattern.  I am unable to cut and paste what the paint looks like.  Currently, I'm painting a pattern called "Tweedle Farm", which is mostly centered around barns.

When I'm trying to complete a pattern, my brain is forced to pick a number (let's say 4) and find the corresponding number in the pattern.  There have been many times that I forget what number I'm looking for!  Obviously, there is still more work to be done with regard to my memory.

I don't know if my short term memory issues are temporary or permanent.  Since all of my troubles began in 2013 and we're now in 2015, looks like this problem is planning on sticking around.

Another beauty of painting on line is that when I'm on hold with some company waiting for a person, I can be quietly painting in the background - and nobody's the wiser!  Oh another advantage of painting online is that once you have completed the pattern, you can clear it and paint it again and again!  The pattern cost of $5.95 is a steal and well worth your money.

Do yourself a favor and check out this program.  I promise you won't be disappointed and the Vice-President, Beth Feldman, is always happy to help answer your questions.  

So get busy and start painting!

P


Image result for paint palette

1 comment:

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...