Monday, August 10, 2020

My Day So Far

7/10/2020

Usual breakfast, bagel and coffee. Daisy, never misses to get up in my lap, looking for crumbs. And, yes most of the time she finds some. 

This morning, like every morning (and yes I'm "somewhat" in a rut. But, that's just who I am, and by the time you become a senior citizen, most of us (okay, at least me), don't really want or feel the need for changes. 

Just finished talking to my "head" doctor, via Zoom. I know everybody is zooming their friends, family as well as to doctors. I appreciate that the way the world is today, and it's scary out there. This is a perfect time for me to be reclusive. I've had years of practice being my own company. And, saying that, I actually do like myself!! 

I watched the hour, never more, and never less, the morning news.  And, the reason is, that the news is currently always seems negative

I remind myself that the world could sure use some good news right now. And, while doing a bit of research, I did find some positive news, but nothing much that caught my eye.

I did, however not too much news. And, any of the news that caught my eye, were blocked until I gave my consent. Hence, no exciting unblocked news from over the pond. I can generally find some tidbits that catch my eye. Unfortunately, I found nothing to report. And, full disclosure, there was nothing I found that seemed interesting (at least for me).

As it's August, I have already have started my search for Christmas presents. And, don't roll your eyes at the mere suggestion, that Christmas will come around again this year.

But, based on social distancing and wearing masks, it will make a very different holiday than we're used to. And, based on that, I have searched and found several things on Amazon (is there any other place to shop)? 

There are items are in my personal folder, just waiting for me to tell Jeff to pull the trigger. I have in mind, several "fun" items to give to the big as well small kids! Obviously, I can't say what I bought, because that would be "cheating". Each present should be, and generally are, just fun things. A "real" present will eventually be given. Since the boys, really don't need anything, makes it very hard to know what to buy!

Quote of the day: Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.

My usual good-bye: masks, washing hands, and social distancing. I, and all of you, don't really like masks. They seem to slip off your noses, so that  many adjustments have to keep your nose covered. And, I'll state that wearing a mask is essential, but I see a lot of  people, wear the mask doesn't cover the noses! It's really that simple.


P

 



 

 






 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...