Friday, August 21, 2020

We Made It To Friday!!

 8/21/2020

My friends, we managed to get through the week. I'm hoping that you are well, and perhaps sporting some kind of a unique mask! 

On Etsy, a beautiful beaded mask was being sold for a mere $39.00. A mask that expensive would certainly make some kind of fashion statement. Also, you wouldn't want to leave said mask just sitting around. I'm sure other people would like to have such a glamours mask. Since we all have to wear masks that cover our noses, wearing such a fancy mask, would not only be a fashion statement. And, of course, there is always the mystery of who is behind the mask. A beautiful woman, obviously! 

Jeff and I watched the convention last night, as we have the other nights as well. And, to be honest, "occasionally" would find myself dozing off a bit! Jeff would tell you, that the bit of dozing, looked more like a genuine nap. I, can sleep in front of the television almost anytime. Perhaps, it's merely the drone of the voices I hear. Whichever, truth is, I'm not sleeping well at night, averaging about four hours. It seems as if, I have sent some kind of internal alarm. It's possible that I have, over time, developed some kind of internal alarm for myself, and that's really not good. 

I have a rollator, which happens to be a big one.When I bought this rollator, I concentrated on the weight limit. It's true I was 50 pounds heavier, but upon reflection, didn't need basically a rollator for really heavy people. Fearing, that I might go over the weight limit, bought this, really big and unweldly (sp)  rollator. But, in my defense, I hadn't done my appropriate research. If I had, I would have seen other rollators that were smaller and easier to use. However, that's water over, or is it under the bridge?

Because the rollator is large and heavy, putting it into the car, is pretty much a non-starter. Having said that, I have to ride around in those little "beep beep" carts. And, to say that I hate them, would be an overstatement, or understatement, I don't know which word is appropriate here. But, I know that all of you will understand what I'm hopefully trying to say here.

Doing my "Marie Condo" thing, I gathered up a large pile of clothes, that no longer fit. I decided to bag up these clothes as well as books that I've read, or will never read, donating them to a thrift shop. At the moment, my untidy spare room, has piles of clothes over there, and another pile one over there, etc. It's going to take some time to make this room, nice and tidy. But, I do have time, and a long list of why I'm not working on that room every day. Truth is, it's boring. I have to try on "x" amount of clothes - wearable now? or wearable never? I have only one or two pieces of clothing, that are a little snug right now.

Please don't tell Jeff (though he reads my blog every day) that the pile of clothes that I still have to get sorted, etc., is quite large. But, as I continue to maintain this new weight, and hopefully more - then I'll be "forced" to buy smaller clothes. What a drag that will be (ha).

Every morning, I watch "talking heads" to be sure that I'm up-to-date on everything. Once, my head starts spinning, I turn on a baseball game, to distract me. I even watch games that perhaps I've already seen. Since I have short term memory, I don't know, or frankly care, when the game was initially played. When watching television shows, Jeff has to remind me that I've already seen the show. And, I have absolutely no memory of doing so. Perhaps, it's possible that my short term memory loss, is sometimes a good thing, but more often it's simply a nuisance.

Notice the time people. I have a few minutes to go before it's 11:00!! 

Have a great day, and be well. See you on Monday.

P

Quote for the day: when someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...