Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Keeping It Short

8/4/2020

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so this blog will be short. Apologies.

You all know that I don't wade into politics. But, today I feel I must get some of my anger out. Congress can't seem to come together long enough, to pass a bill giving the unemployed people an additional $600 each week. I know there are too many unemployed people to count. Perhaps you know someone, and I certainly do, who could really use additional money.

But, for reasons that don't make sense to me, is how this executive order can't come together for the good of the people.

I checked, and Senators earn $174,000 per year. Not too shabby. They certainly don't need a boost to their income. The annual salary of a rank-and-file Member of Congress is $174,000. Congressional leaders earn more since they have additional responsibilities. The Speaker of the House receives $223,500 annually, and the Senate President pro
tem-pore receives $193,400. Clearly, none of
these politicians are absolutely not in need of any extra money. So who is speaking out for the little people? Anybody? Or is all we're hearing now is the sound of crickets. For me, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, knowing that with unanimous, on both sides of the aisle, could correct this deficiency. 

I believe there are not many citizens who wouldn't like to receive a boost of money. Who wouldn't?

And, then you read this: Because unemployment compensation is intended to partially replace your income, the amount you will receive depends on how much you used to earn. Seriously? This strikes me as very unfair, to all the people who are getting un-employment checks now.

Hoping off of my "soap box" now. But, it gives me pause to do so. This picture below, while more like a cartoon,  shows the present state for so many people now.


Unemployment in India 2019: A Worrying Sign for All Jobseekers ...

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...