Monday, August 31, 2020

Getting Here

 8/31/2020

In 1986, we moved from California and moved to Maryland. IBM requested that Jeff work at the local IBM facility. The commute, if you can call it that, was just down one road, and then park your car.

Okay, Let's see if I can back on track. This house, was our home in California. It was 1500 square feet. During that time, we raised the boys. The  Out home was a stone throw away from another house. Occasionally, it was nothing for the boys to get on that property and bring us avocados. This made Jeff very happy. Me? Not so much. Like the majority of California homes, most homes in California, at least the older ones, have a flat roof and stucco on the outside of the house.

Here is a picture of stucco: Armed with the right equipment, you could spray color. Jeff and I decided to go with yellow. Be aware, that you don't really want to go outside, and "hug" this surface. One of the unique and tiring things in the house in California, was a copper oven. Nope, I'm not talking about "fake" copper. This oven was the real deal!  I could polish (boring, by the way) the oven. And, after doing so, was happy - until you touched it.  It left behind finger prints, etc. After being in this house for I think 34 years, we were anxious to start a new adventure.  Frankly, I don't remember how many years we lived in California, but I anything that involves numbers, has me running to the hills!! And, by comparison we have lived in our present home for 32 years. You can see that Jeff and I don't move around a lot!



One of the unique and tiring things in the California house in California, was a copper oven. Nope, I'm not talking about "fake" copper. This oven was the real deal!  I could polish (boring, by the way) the oven. And, after doing so, was happy - until you touched it.  It left behind finger prints, etc. After being in the California house, we were looking forward to the move and we were also anxious to do so. I do remember, that the price of our present house  Frankly, I don't remember how many years we lived in California, but anything that involves numbers, has me running to the hills!! By my latest calculator, we lived in the little house (picture on the bottom) were there about 34 years. And, by comparison we have lived in our present home for 32 years.

 

 

Let's just say houses like the second one below, are now selling in the $800,000 range. Trust me, we didn't pay anything near that price, but when we ever sell, if that ever happens, we will net a tidy profit. Just saying! We have continued to love this house, for all the years we have spent here. Our home in Maryland, is in a prime location for elementary, junior high and high schools. This makes the value of the house get higher. And, this is certainly a good thing!

This is a picture of our house in Riverside. Jeff, the boys and I, enjoyed living in California, our first house, the second picture below, you can see that we don't move around very much.

  

Same song, different verse: masks, washing your hands, and practice social distancing


 

 



 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...