Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Junk Drawers

 

 
8/12/2020

Morning everyone. Here is the new challenge I have set for myself today. I'm going to put everything in a bag. Some things I'll leave alone, batteries, doggy bags, etc.

Here's the plan. I'm going to put the contents in a large brown (do you remember those?)The plan is to empty the drawers, and put the contents in the bag, and date it. And, then all I have to do, is see whether Jeff or myself will miss anything having to do with said junk.

History and you know that I love doing research, here's what I found. Most people, excluding the likes of Martha Stewart and/or Marie Condo, just keep putting more "junk" in the drawers. All of you, including myself, keep shoving things in those drawers. And, at some point, the only way my drawers will close, is using the old tried and true method. Dump and sort.

Before I bag things up, I'll keep the necessities. Flash light, measuring tape (do you really need more than one)?, poop and scoop bags for walks, batteries (good and/or bad ones). several pairs of glasses. Now, why do we keep those old glasses, may have something to do with the frames that can be used again. Of course, as a woman, I don't want old frames, even if they are in good shape. I want new ones. Doesn't everybody?

Once I have an appropriate sized box, I'm going to put all of Benjamin's books away. They're not going far - just to the other spare room, which is still needing my organizational skills. But, doing the organizational thing, gets old in a hurry.

New ramblings. Last night, I started dinner. Orange chicken, vegetable and rice. The food was quite tasty. About an hour after dinner, I smelled smoke (between the two of us, it's my job for all of the years we've been married to do the sniff test). Between the two of us, I have the better smeller. And, what I smelled last night was smoke. The source was a pan left on a burner, and never went back to turn said burner off. The pan, obviously was nicely scorched. Today, I'm going to put up a "sticky" that will say - turn the oven off - turn the burners off. I suppose that my time in the kitchen is getting more limited. (insert sigh here)

Remember, and how could you not, to use all the things we should do, to hopefully slow the numbers down.

 P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...