Monday, December 24, 2012

The Day Before

12/24/2012

The Day Before

For most of you today is the day - the last day.  It is the last day to buy, wrap, seal, address, stamp, grocery shop, bake and cook for tomorrow.  For me it's two days after the main event and all evidence of the confusion and mess that was here at the house on Saturday is long gone.  One advantage of having adult children is that when they leave after Christmas - they take their stuff with them.  Growing up I would fight through separated piles of clothing (boring) and other not so interesting stuff for days.  Video games were dealt with right away - but everything else was free to occupy a corner.  Not so these days - grab your gifts as you get your coat.

We are visiting some friends this evening and I am bringing a family favorite to share.  It's called Pretzel Salad and I know your initial reaction is eeeh.  But I want you to visualize pretzels cooked in butter and sugar (think Heath Bar), cream cheese, cool whip and crushed pineapple.  Sound better.  I promise you it's a yummy bite.

Other than putting the finishing touches on that, I'm free to do my laundry, use up my new Amazon gift cards, watch the last of the romantic Hallmark movies for the year or do nothing at all.  I used yesterday to vacuum up all the loose bits of paper on the floors, and thanks to my family have absolutely NO leftovers of any kind!  

Tomorrow we are going to visit Benjamin at Stacey's parents' house in the afternoon just to check out the Santa haul because we promised him we would.  After that we are officially done with Christmas.  New Year's at our house is super duper quiet and involves no football!  

Stacey (DIL) gave me a wonderful coffee cup with pictures of Benjamin all over it and it reads "Mom Mom's Boy" - love it.  I was also given a large canvas print of the entire Bassett clan at Stacey and Andy's wedding a year ago.  Absolutely beautiful.  I also have a fingerpainted handprint of Benjamin that Stacey framed for me - so I can always remember that he was once small.  Stacey always gives the best gifts - she knows that pretty much anything that involves Benjamin will be treasured.  

Have a wonderful day and a great day tomorrow with your family and friends.

Happy 24th

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...