Friday, December 21, 2012

Sleepover

12/21/2012

Sleepover

Jeff and I had an unexpected visitor last night so I'm a little off kilter this morning.  When Benjamin sleeps over the jostling for position between him and the dogs goes on all night.  Jeff and I have secure spots - although with three others in the bed - sometimes that spot gets pretty narrow!  The dogs normally jockey for the premiere position in the bed - in the middle - head on a pillow.  When Benjamin comes, that premiere spot is taken up by him which leaves Sam and Maggie to duke it out for the second best spot.  Maggie, in particular, tries to sneak up during the night and squeeze in between Benjamin and either Jeff or myself.  Sometimes I hear Benjamin say "Maggie move over."  Sam, being older, wisely stays at the foot of the bed and out of range of a four year old's flailing legs!

Before 5:00 this morning Benjamin announced he was hungry and he was hungry RIGHT NOW.  Jeff got up with him and refilled the empty cavity and then they both returned to bed with cold feet.  I got in my morning snuggles with Benjamin before getting up to start my day.  He wanted to know if it was morning - I told him it was for me - but not for him.

When I leave work this afternoon I will have 5 days off!  The company is giving us Christmas Eve and I always take off the day after Christmas - just because.  There is something about going to work the day after that I can't tolerate.  My excuse used to be that the boys were out of school - blah, blah.  I have no such excuse now, so I just tell the truth - I don't want to come in.  I'll work the rest of the work though even though it will be deadly quiet.

Let's go out and enjoy our Friday and hope we get out early!  Oh by the way, since we are technically having Christmas tomorrow, the blog might be empty.  I'll try and get back on track by Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...