Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes

1/13/2014

Darn it I missed the Golden Globes in it's entirety.  I was watching "real" television - Rodeo Girls riding horses and having flings with cowboys.  Who wouldn't want to watch that kind of television.

I didn't tune in to the Globes because I know that the People Magazine that comes out on Friday will have ALL the pictures of the women and maybe even some men who matter.  By sneaking a peek on the internet to see what the stars wore, I saw some really classy dresses with most, if not all, of their assets hidden.

Red seemed to be the color of the evening along with a lot of sparkle.  I did see some dresses that were so bad I actually felt bad for the actresses wearing them.  I think it's safe to assume that the actresses must pick out the dresses they wear, or at the very least, have some say in the selection.  So why then do these classy women show up in dresses that you know cost thousands of dollars, and make them look so bad?  Let's put it this way, I saw one dress that I thought was so horrible, I wouldn't take it even if it was free! If this number of badly dressed women were contained in one award show that would be bad enough.  But we'll struggle with poor designer gowns all over again when we watch the Emmys and Oscars.  I just hope that there will be some reality tv shows that I'll be able to watch while those award shows are going on.  Based on the level of bad or maybe you could call them dumb shows, I know I'll find something to watch.  After the award shows are over, I will be able to catch up on the latest fashion snafus the next day.  Everybody likes being a Monday morning quarterback and that applies to fashion as well as to sports.

All I know is that if I had someone to find me a dress, arrange to have my hair coiffed to perfection and my makeup applied with precision, even I could look like a million (okay maybe a hundred) bucks!  So why do I see such dreadful excuses for fashionable dresses on such beautiful, and wealthy women?  Beats me.  Maybe there's more to getting gussied up than meets the eye.

Just want you to know that I bundled up and went out for a walk this morning (shocking I know).  I was only able to do about a half block before my hip reminded me why exercise is not really my friend.  But providing it's not raining, snowing or hailing tomorrow, I'll try and drag myself out the front door and down the hill tomorrow.  For now I'm setting my goal at half a block and don't worry I won't be setting any world records, just trying to get out and keep my body parts working, more or less. 

The sun is out this morning and I'm going to put the car in the driveway and give her a sudsy bath and remove the crud.  I hate dirty cars so keeping my car clean is sometimes difficult in winter.

Have a great Monday.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...