Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Utilitity Sacrificing

1/7/2014

Okay today it's butt chilling cold in the East.  I know that the good folks in the midwest are used to single digit temperatures, but in DC,  not so much.  I know it's cold when Jeff has the furnaces running upstairs and downstairs in the middle of the day.   And, the gas fireplace is running with it's blower on high.

The cold water pipe for the shower is frozen, which is not a surprise, since those pipes run inside the garage, which is definitely not heated.  Jeff and I were talking this morning and we couldn't remember how many years it had been since we had frozen pipes.

According to Jeff, the electric companies are wanting users to be mindful of their electric usage, as in don't run the washer and dryer, stuff like that.  Because I want to be a good citizen, I've decided to take the day off from running the vacuum and dusting (which will only move the dust around requiring vacuuming)!

I guess it will be a bon-bon, coffee drinking, book reading day for me!  Luckily, my Kindle is chock full of books to read - none of which constitutes good writing - but all entertaining nonetheless.  

I apologize for this being short, but I'm not having a good day.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

P

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a cozy day! A chance to read and enjoy the quiet...Hope your day gets better!

    Love, M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...