Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Day - Blah

1/2/2014

Okay yesterday was New Year's Day. For me a big whoop.  I know some people probably partied hard on the 31st so they needed New Year's Day to be quiet because their heads hurt.  I haven't "rung" in a new year in a whole bunch of years.  My theory is that nothing mystical is going to happen between 11:59 pm and 12:00 am.  Jeff and I did years ago try and celebrate and watch the ball drop but the musical groups we had to listen to while waiting, wasn't worth the effort to stay up.

New Year's Day has long been known for football (ugh - just my personal opinion here) games and there are a of them.  I originally thought that all bowl games were played on the 1st, but found out, thanks to the internet, that's no so.  Yesterday six bowl games were played; one game is scheduled for today; two games on the third, and one game on the fourth, fifth and sixth.  Talk about dragging out a season.  If you or more likely your other half loves football, then there's a lot of games to watch.  

Luckily, stores are now open on New Year's which gives us non-football lovers a place to go.  And what better way to start the year then with putting something on the card!  Jeff is not a football fanatic and almost never watches a game.  We do, however, watch the Super Bowl because we like the commercials so much.  We record the game so we can fast forward through the boring stuff - like the game, and watch the commercials which are generally very good and way more entertaining than the game (again, just a personal opinion).

We tried yesterday afternoon to go see a movie, which is truly a rare event for us, and actually couldn't find anything we really wanted to see.  Jeff goes to the movies so seldom that I knew the movie would have to be really good or our outing would be a bust.  We decided to save money, pop popcorn and pick out movies from the ones that we own. Turned out to be a good decision.

If all things go according to plan, and we know they seldom do, Jeff will be catching a ride with another pilot friend and going to Lancaster, PA to pick up our plane with its brand new engine.  The weather is pretty icky today but I know that he will want to fly to break in the engine as soon as possible.  Hopefully, he will have sunny days over the weekend and can bore holes in the sky.

The holidays are over and most people are back at work now and everything will settle back into its normal routine.  Dull I know but a routine nevertheless!

Happy Thursday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...