Friday, January 10, 2014

The Power of Stupid

1/10/2014

I don't know how you get your news: papers, radio or television, but there is no doubt that you would have to be living under a rock not to know about the New Jersey traffic scandal.  What makes people in power so stupid?  If I had the answer to that question, I'd be really rich.  Trouble is I don't have a clue what makes people who have "positions" rather than "jobs" like us mere mortals, step all over themselves by suffering from poor (ya think?) judgment.  Perhaps they believe that because they have a private office, business cards and likely an assistant, that they are above the law?  Seems so.

Someone(s) from the Governor's office of New Jersey decided to close access lanes to the George Washington Bridge. Supposedly, the Governor's aides decided to retaliate against the Mayor of Fort Lee for failing to endorse Christie's re-election.  Really?  This behavior reminds me of grade school and somebody taking your favorite toy.  These are grown people and likely well educated.  So how does a person(s) come up with such a scheme?  Did they seriously believe they were going to get away with this planned traffic snafu?  

There are a couple of vacancies now in the Governor's office, including the Deputy Chief of Staff. Have people not learned by now that what you put in an email can circle around and bite you in the ass?  Apparently there are a few folks in New Jersey who forgot how long the arm of technology is.  Those little bits and bytes are generally permanent.  Most people advise that you don't put anything in an email that you wouldn't be willing to read in front of a room of people.  It's also considered a good idea to leave names out of emails that are going to be damning.  Leave as small an electronic footprint as you can - this just makes sense.

While most of us are looking forward to the weekend, there are a few people who are likely bustling to update their resumes.  Reason for leaving last job?  Hmm - what to say. I think these folks had better become fast talkers.

Well that's my thoughts on Friday. Have a good weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...