Sunday, January 26, 2014

Grammy Awards

1/26/2014

This is one of those rare Sundays where I don't have to circle all of our favorite Sunday shows and then spend a good deal of time trying to juggle those shows into non-conflicting time slots!  Sounds easy doesn't it?  Trust me, it's not.  I work very hard (truly) to get the Sunday night line-up just right so we don't miss any of our favorite shows.  Jeff and I have thought for years that some of the best television is on Sunday night.  

Generally, there is a football game that goes long which causes a  domino effect on all the shows starting with 60 minutes and ending with our last show for the night The Mentalist.  You may laugh but I sit with a magic marker, my remote and a carefully plan out of what we're going to watch and when.  The amount of maneuvering that is required for Sunday nights is not for the faint of heart.

So what's going to muck up my television tonight - the Grammy Awards.  I know this is a big deal for actors and musicians and it's likely that thousands or perhaps millions of viewers will tune in for the 3 1/2 hour show.  I'm one of the few folks that won't be watching.  I'll make sure that my Tivo is set to record something - anything - but an awards show.

My hands down favorite for best drama series is Downton Abbey.  Also my favorite for lead actor and actress are Hugh Bonneville and Michelle Dockery from Downton Abbey.  You think I like that show?  Absolutely.  I love the costumes and Maggie Smith the matriarch of the family is a delight to watch week after week.  She has a sharp tongue and a no nonsense approach to life, which is truly refreshing.  I know as I sit here that I am not expecting Downton Abbey to win in every nominated category, or perhaps even more realistically any category, if I were able to vote, they would be my hands down winner.

One of Jeff's favorite shows is NCIS and their stunt coordinator is up for a Grammy.  Unfortunately, no Grammy nod for any of the cast, including our hands down favorite Mark Harmon.   

Tomorrow's Style section of the paper will list all the winners and a few pictures of actresses.  Likewise, People this Friday will have several pages devoted to who wore what, who talked too long, and other such newsworthy tidbits.

Wrapping this up for today.  I've got television shows that I need to record for the week!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...