Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cake Batter

4/19/2014

You know you're not supposed to eat cake and/or brownie batter, but you do it anyway.  And, likely you've done it for years.  I know I have.  The concern over eating batter is the chance of saminolla (however your spell it) from raw eggs.  I'm sure that it has been scientifically proven somewhere, that raw eggs might make you sick.

Even knowing that, most of us make sure there isn't a lick of batter left on the beaters, scrapers or the bowl.  When I bake something, I generally leave a little bit more than necessary in the bowl :)!  They now make cake batter ice cream, so someone thought up the smart idea to give people to of their favorite things: cake batter and ice cream.  Just think of the convenience - no more cutting cake and scooping out ice cream.  You can now scoop and eat!

When the boys were home and I was making a cake, I made sure that I left a little more batter in the bowl than I could have.  Since a child and raising the boys, who all ate cake batter, none of us ever came to harm.

Oh, I take that back.  There was one lesson the boys learned early on - you don't lick the beaters while the mixer is still plugged in!

Maybe today is the perfect day for making a cake.  I do happen to have a mix in the cupboard as well as vanilla ice cream in the freezer.  I can almost taste it.

Enjoy.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...