Sunday, April 6, 2014

Take-Away Items from Restaurants

4/6/2014

The other day when I was cleaning out my refrigerator, I happened to open up one of the compartments on the door of the refrigerator and about twenty little bags of Soy Sauce came spilling out.  I think it's lovely to save things, but we do happen to have a whole bottle of Soy Sauce in the pantry.  So why do we keep these little bags that are so hard to contain?  Beats the heck out of me lieutenant, we just do.

Ever been to a restaurant and see someone, but likely not you, take the butter and/or jams off the table and stick them in their purse?  I know I have.  I can say truthfully that it has never occurred to me to bring home butter or jam.  I have butter as well as jam at home.  I guess the rationale is that you have paid for your meal, which included these small things, so it's only fair that you take them with you.  And, for the most part, I don't disagree.  When on occasion that we do happen to have butter that was put in with a leftover dinner roll, those little packages get soft really quick and then it gets a little messy to use them.  

Small bags of ketchup and mustard at my house just get tossed out.  These things, much like butter and jam, are plentiful at home and the effort required to open and use these items, just isn't worth it (at least that's my opinion)!

When you order soup it always comes with soda crackers.  On the rare occasion that I have taken the crackers, they end up becoming smashed inside my purse and are completely useless.  I have no ready answer for why I do this over and over again.  I guess I'm expecting different results.

I suspect that some people take the little bags of sugar home with them and anything else that is small and unused - straws for instance.

For me I have enough trouble keeping track of the full-sized food in my pantry and don't want to have to find a "home" for little items like butter, sauces or sugar. But I may just be organizationally challenged!

We are having gorgeous weather here in Maryland and I hope you are as well.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...