Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Birthstone and Emeralds

4/3/2014

It wasn't bad enough that I was a December baby and therefore doomed to a birthday wedged in just before Christmas when everybody is busy and gearing up for Santa.  Nope, I, along with other Sagittarius folks, have Zircon for our birthstone.  Unfortunately, when you look up my birthstone, the color of the stone is all over the place: Zircon, Turquoise and even Topaz.  So which one is it?  Just look at the colors below and you can see the difficulty in accurately describing the stone. To me it looks like a washed out pale blue and I have never identified it as my "stone", because I just don't like it.

When I was a little girl, I was given a tiny gold ring with tiny "emeralds" that I loved.  As an adult it became a pinky ring, because that's the only finger left where it fit.  Many years ago during a burglary at our house, somebody took my little ring (which was worth probably nothing), along with all my other costume jewelry. 

As an adult, I fell in love with the color of Emeralds.  And, like most stones, some stones were  dark green while others were lighter in color. Years ago, I decided I no longer wanted a wedding ring and a band.  We replaced those two rings with a band with a diamond in the center of the setting.  It was, and is, a lovely ring.  Somewhere along the way, I got an urge to put Emeralds alongside the diamond. I told the jeweler, who was also a friend, that I wanted dark emeralds and though it took him sometime to find what I was looking for, it was worth the wait.  Now the diamond is flanked by an emerald on each side.  The ring is beautiful and I get a lot of compliments on it.  

I also have Emerald studs, which are a beautiful shade of green.  All I'm lacking to complete my "Emerald" look is either a bracelet or necklace, or both!  Guess I'll have to wait on those until I come into money from selling something - like a novel!!  


P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...