Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weather

4/26/2014

I apologize for my blogging hiatus, but some days when I get up, my mind becomes a blank as far as writing goes. Confession:  some days it's not only my blogging that comes up empty, it's every thing in general!!!  

It's springtime in the East and our weather at this time of year can be pretty erratic.  Yesterday, for instance, we had colder weather with a stiff wind and rain - lots of it.  Mind you it only seemed to be a downpour when I was either getting in or out of the car!  And, if I don't have to be outside when it's raining, then I say let it rain.

We all know that spring showers bring out the best in the lawns and budding trees and flowers.  Unfortunately, it also brings out the "best" in weeds sprouting in flower beds.  The beauty of spring is how almost blinding the lawns become.  We're talking vibrant green and since I gave up mowing several years ago, I can appreciate that beauty knowing that I no longer have to tend to it.  I willingly gave up someone to clean my house, but I'm hanging on to lawn service.

So after yesterday's downpour, I woke up this morning to a beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine.  It's the perfect day for taking my lawn chair out in the yard, grab up a book and collect some much needed rays.  Not only is the sunshine good for my brain (which could use all the help it can get), and as an added bonus start working on a little tan for my legs.  It's been years since I actually seriously worked on having a real tan.  The kind of tan where your legs look better in shorts (if you still wear them) and bathing suits. Mind you it doesn't matter how much of a tan I get - looking better in a bathing suit - is a real stretch!  Of course the older I get, the less I care!

Jeff has a beautiful morning to take the plane out and make "whirlies" in the air.  He is taking someone with him who is in the process of taking flying lessons.  I think they're flying to Ocean City for lunch - again it's the $100 hamburger - but it will do wonders for Jeff's spirits, and I hardly endorse him going out to have some much needed fun.

As for me, I'm going to make macaroni salad which I haven't made in a very long time and is a family favorite, and then get myself outside.

Enjoy.

P



1 comment:

  1. Another reason to be thankful your not at work and you can enjoy the sun if you want to and it is good for the bones and soul....glad you enjoyed it.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...